The Friends of Packwood House Museum was established in 2006 as a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization to help raise the necessary capital to maintain the museum, its grounds, and collections. The Friends invite you to support us as we provide the financial underpinning necessary to:
- Expand and upgrade the museum’s educational programs and exhibits
- Provide revenue to conserve the museum’s significant collections
- Expand the cultural benefits that the museum provides to Lewisburg and central Pennsylvania.
We encourage you to support the museum by contributing to the Friends. All contributions to the Friends are tax deductible to the extent allowed by law.
The Friends of Packwood House Museum sponsor fundraisers to benefit Packwood House Museum.
Examples of recent events include “Trifle or Treasure,” an antique evaluation with 15 specialists evaluating items brought in by visitors, and a bus trip to Philadelphia to see the King Tut exhibit at the Franklin Institute.
Check out our Event Calendar for an up-to-date list of current events.
Contributions to the Friends of Packwood House Museum will enable the museum to continue its broad range of programs for both children and adults.
The museum showcases two major exhibits each year, one on exhibition from mid-June through late September, the other its annual Holiday exhibit which runs from mid-November through early January.
In between, the museum hosts an annual Scholastic Arts Exhibit that features art from twenty local high schools, one-man artist shows, the hugely popular Attic Tag Sale (late February-early March), as well as summer kids programs, adult workshops, and other activities to carry out the museum’s educational philosophy.
Support Packwood House
Instead of shopping directly at Amazon.com, EBay, Best Buy, Michigan Bulb, Kohl’s, and many other stores, shop through shopformuseums.com.
Simply choose Packwood House Museum as your museum partner. Every time you shop through this website, a portion of your payment will be diverted to help support the museum. Percentages vary for each retailer, but every dollar sent to the museum will support public programs and exhibits.
For more details, please visit shopformuseums.com.
Internship & Volunteer Opportunities
The museum provides internship opportunities for area college students, ample volunteer possibilities for people interested in a wide range of museum tasks, including:
- Tending Edith’s Oriental/Pennsylvania woodlands garden, planted in the late 1930s
- Giving museum tours
- Working in the Museum Gift Shop
- Helping catalog and preserve the Fetherston Family Papers, thanks to a National Endowment for the Humanities grant
- Working with the museum’s cataloging software to finish cataloging the collection
- Assisting the staff with a variety of office tasks
- Assisting with exhibits and programs
- Helping promote the museum to local communities
Maurice Brubaker, President
Diane Meixell, Secretary
Roger Curran, Treasurer
Want to support the Packwood House?
Become a member and receive extra benefits and opportunities, or contact us to discuss other ways to contribute.