Gingerbread House Competition and Exhibit
Registration deadline: November 15, 5 p.m. Get your form here.
Creation Drop-offs: November 28 & 29, 3-6 p.m.
Exhibit open: December 1 – 22, Tuesday through Saturday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Creation Pick-ups: December 23, 10 a.m.-5 p.m.
Gingerbread Competition Rules
- There will be a $5 entry fee per house.
- Entries must be dropped off at the Packwood House Museum Tour Center on Tuesday, November 28 from 3 to 6 p.m. and Wednesday, November 29 from 3 to 6 p.m.
- Gingerbread creations will be on display from December 1 to 22.
- Gingerbread must be picked up on December 23 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Gingerbread will become Museum property after the 23rd.
- Entries will be judged on Thursday, November 30.
- Entries will be judged on overall appearance, originality, difficulty of design, and adherence to the rules.
Entries must be registered by Wednesday, November 15, and each creation is to be registered under one of the following categories: Culinary, Family, Adult (18+), High School (gr. 9-12), Middle School (gr. 6-8), Elementary School (gr. 1-5), and Preschool/Kindergarten.
Gingerbread Design Rules
- Gingerbread creations must be on a piece of plywood no larger than 18” x 18” for adult and student categories and 12” x 12” for children.
- The majority (over 50%) of the creation must be gingerbread.
- Everything must be edible, Hidden supports are accepted.
- Label the UNDERSIDE of your display board with your name, address, phone number, and category entered.
- Consider the board base as part of your design. Decorate it accordingly.
- Group entries are permitted, but only one prize is awarded.
Get your copy of the rules, the entry ID form, and a recipe for Royal Icing here.
For more information or to register, contact Packwood House Museum at 15 North Water Street, Lewisburg, 570-524-0323, or download your registration form at www.packwoodhousemuseum.com/gingerbread.pdf.